Much happier with the next round of backgrounds! On the Native American Woman, my atomizer trick didn't do so well to cover the flaws of the first coat. So I did some pouring - learned thru Linda Baker a long time ago and don't do it very often! I wish it stayed as bold and beautiful as it was when it was wet, but it came out much better than previous attempt. I did come in at the end with atomizer on the corners. Second coat of atomizer on Santa's sleigh painting covered a lot more - had time to do shadow on the street and the street. And last but not least, I lifted the grass I painted yesterday, wet the entire painting again and added a little more color to the mid ground of trees/mountains and painted a little fence to divide foreground and mid ground. Not a lot of detail - just suggestion of them in field with hills and sky - much easier to paint than the photo that had hay stacks, trucks, and way too many people that would have all taken away from these four great Native Americans! I'm getting excited to remove the masking and paint the peeps - but truly must let the backgrounds dry completely.
Andrea Burke, WVWS
Click on this if you'd like new blog posts emailed to you!